Thursday, June 12, 2008

week off

We have had a week off so I could get our motorhome and motorcycles moved back out here to SLC. Originally, we left it at the employee parking in Joplin because we thought that was a central locaton when we wanted to use it. Now that we are running a dedicated run from SLC, we need it back home. I flew out to Tulsa last Fri nite, and my Dad picked me up. He had gone to Joplin and took care of some issues it needed to hit the road again. I spent the weekend with him and my brother, then hit the road with my Dad to visit my Aunt in Beatrice, Neb on my way back. Dad has a motorhome just like mine, same year, just a different model.
From there, on up to Lincoln and hit I-80 and head home. Hmmm,,not sure if I can remember the way down I-80! :) The only trouble this trip was WIND! High winds from the south till I got past Rock Springs, then it switched around from the north and believe it or not, SNOWED on me near Limon, WY (40 mi from Evanston). We just cannot get rid of winter!
From Evanston and on into SLC, it cleared up some and was a welcome 65 degrees. It was 93 while in Okla with about 90 percent humidity. WHEW, not used to that humidity anymore!
Oh well, everything is safe and sound at home now, just needs a good cleaning before we get the bikes out. Unwritten law, all bikes must shine!
We head back out on the road in the morning. We will be headed thru all the area in Iowa and Ill where the floods have been. The TV has been talking about Iowa City sandbagging. Sure hope everyone is ok, and the rivers go back down soon.
Till next time, keep it safe out there!

No comments: