Monday, February 21, 2011

Ready for Orientation

I have been getting everything in order for orientation this week. One of the things they mentioned was a Dr release for ANY treatment in the last 5yrs. I had a kidney stone last Sept. and was treated in the ER. I did not have a work release because I wasn't working at the time. I had to get copies of the records, and an examination by our local Dr we used 11yrs ago. Luckily, he didn't have a problem reviewing it, and looking at me. I got my letter, so everything is set now.
I am scheduled to leave on the bus (ya, BUS) from Tulsa tomorrow morning at 10:45, and arrive in Dallas at 5:15. I will be staying at the Ramada and they will provide a shuttle to pick me up at the bus station. Then at 0630 Wed morn, the company shuttle will pick us up at the hotel for Day one. Day one should be mostly getting physicals for all of us. I was told they would give me a dedicated type physical which is a little more involved than the standard one. It is required prior to  being selected to take a dedicated route, so I will be ready if one becomes available in my area.
I am getting everything packed today. I was told to expect one to two weeks before being able to get home. I am taking my inverter to have installed in my truck, the cb, a couple tools, computer, chargers for phone and blue tooth headset, clothes for warm and cold weather. Also have to take my sleeping bag and pillow for bedding. When I can get back through here, I will add the refrigerator and microwave.
The part of orientation that concerns me the most is the driving eval. I have not stepped in a truck for 2 1/2 yrs. I will be given a road and driving test right off the bat. I think I will be ok out on the road, but if I do much backing, I expect to be a little rusty. But, it's what I do now, so I will just take a little extra time, get out and look a little more, and "git er done".
I will try to update from the hotel during orientation and let you know how its going.

No comments: