Saturday, September 29, 2007

BRRRRRRR

Woke up this morning, had a good cup of coffee and Kim fixed muffins! No better way to start the day!
After I got out of the shower, I heard the little pat pat pat of rain on roof. We were planning on going to school to practice the pre-trips today. Oh well, guess we'll wear jackets and hats!
Got to school and another student was there also. He is from S. Africa. A little hard to understand at first, but his stories of lions and snakes in the jungle are really entertaining!
The 3 of us go to the truck and start doing pre-trip, while trying to put our backs to the wind and rain. BRRRRRRRR. It was too damm cold to be out there, but we will have to when we're on the road, so we did it anyway! Afterwards, we went back inside and had some of the coffee and hot choc the Dan, our instructor, had made. We decided once was enough today, and came home.
We are now sitting here, watching it try to SNOW! Nearly 80 yesterday, and it's trying to piss snow today. GRRRRR, too cold too fast.
I looked up the company Dan recommended to us, and it really sounded good, until I got to the part that required 2 years experience first. I told Dan this morning I found the site, but we'll have to get some experience first. He asked why, and I told him of the requirement. He just looked at me, smiled, and said nahhh, I'll make a phone call Monday! I think he likes us! :) He has also told me to get 3 years experience, then come back here and teach. He said with my background and personality, I'd fit right in, and have a job waiting if I want it! DAMN, haven't started driving yet! We have hit it off pretty good, he is into sports cars, and knows of SCCA and Spec Racers that I used to drive, he has a pilot licence but no longer current, like me, and likes motorhomes, motorcycles, etc. Kim calls him my long lost brother!
There is more snow coming down again,,,,BRRRRRRR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve and KIm it is real nice to read what you say bout Sage in Salt Lake. Thank you for th great comments. We do our best to accomodate our students. You will both go far in this buisness. Thanks again , Dan