Sunday, November 18, 2007

I am in Tacoma now and have a down day. We will go to the customers place tonite so we won't have to deal with Seattle traffic in the morning. It is scheduled for an 8 o'clock delivery.
The drive up here was interesting to say the least. We left Freso about 3:30pm local, and drove about 475mi that nite. I wish I could tell you about how scenic it was but all I can tell you is how curvy and black the road was! 90% was nite driving and the last 100mi or so was all mountain driving. I sure got some practice going up and down thru the gears as we climbed up and down those mountains. Some of those curves just seemed to keep going on forever, at nite you couldn't get any reference to how far around the side of the mountain you were going. I know sometimes I was glad I couldn't see over the drop off! We made it to Phoenix that nite. Hmmm,,must've took a wrong turn! Thought we were going to Seattle! There is also a Phoenix about 25mi into Oregon.
Saturday we left about noon. We had to get 10hrs rest before we could drive again. Headed on up I-5 thru Oregon and on to Tacoma. This time I could see quite abit. It was a cloudy rainey day all day tho, in and out of the clouds thru the mountains.
The Tacoma area was really busy on the hiway even tho it was about 6pm on Saturday nite when we got here.
I can say without certainty, that Jim (my trainer) is really putting me thru my paces. (well,,,,maybe its just our luck in the dispatches.) He says I am doing very well, well ahead of where I need to be. Just need some more time and practice to smooth out abit.
Kim got to go to the I-80 truck stop in Iowa, it's the worlds largest. She said it was like a super wal-mart for trucks! This morning she headed out and gets the prividge of driving thru Chicago today. At least its Sunday. She yelled at me the other day tho. Told me I spoiled her! She is not used to driving the long hours and is having to work her endurance up some. She'll be fine, she's a trooper! Can't think of anyone else I'd rather do this with!!!!
I have a little over 2600mi now toward the 7500 required with my trainer. Should be another 10 days or so if we can keep running like we have. The kicker will be Thanksgiving this week. Hopefully we won't get "lost in the system" during the 4 days.

No comments: