Monday, November 26, 2007

Looong trip part duex

Made it to West Memphis Arkansas last nite around 5:30. Jim drove the first 230mi of the day, the rest was mine. Logged about 860 miles, so we got a good start on the trip. The next couple of days will be a little easier, but still 600mi days. We fueled up first at Lancaster, Tx, on the south side of Dallas. We have a terminal there, so I got to see where it was. West Memphis is also a terminal for us. When we got there, I backed the trailer into a spot, and unhooked the trailer. We bobtailed ove to a Petro truck stop and I ate at the buffet. Jim stayed in the truck and ate his dinner, he says he needs to stay away from resturants for awhile. I still want a meal at the end of the day.
Kim was still in North Carolina, and was set to deliver this morning. Then she makes a run down to Fla, another 400mi or so.
We got up at 2am and hit the road at 3am this morning. Made it thru Memphis and Nashville before 8. Otherside of Nashville, I couldn't get my second wind it got light, so Jim took over driving for awhile. The last couple of nites with little sleep caught up with me. I took a short nap on the bunk, and now here I sit watching the scenery. Trees a a little past fall prime colors, but still really pretty around here. We are just short of Knoxville, Tn. It is really foggy and raining and misting this morning, and the fog sitting on top of the trees and in the valleys is kinda neat. Some gorgeous farm homes and acreages around here. Kinda nice to just ride and look for a change.
Jim has pretty much stopped training and is just letting me do everything. He says I am well past where he started and is very happy with my progress. Ready to kick the baby bird outta of the nest. Once we get a dispatch Wednesday after out delivery, I will complete my training period.
Kim will be about 4800mi when she gets to Fla, and needs a couple of good runs to finisher hers. She is also ready to move on and get back together to start our adventures together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll leave this new "management" job and hire on as a QMS inspector for CFI so someone can keep an eye on y'all

LOL

Anonymous said...

I think I'll leave this new "management" job and hire on as a QMS inspector for CFI so someone can keep an eye on y'all

LOL