Saturday, December 8, 2007

Finally

Due to popular demand, (yes Marsha), I will finally take some time to update the blog! :) I have not had a computer to do so since we got back to Joplin. After our delivery in Dumas, Thurs morn, we waited, and waited, and waited for a dispatch. finally, about 1pm, the Qualcomm chirped. When I read it, I had trouble believing what I saw. Deadhead to Joplin! COOL, Thursday nite, and I'll be there FINALLY. When we pulled in, we had to go thru the inspection building. Our trailer had something wrong, so it had to be dropped in a specific line. The tractor also needs a new shock on the read, a service (oil, filters, etc) so we were told to head up to the maintenance barn. We went inside to make arrangements for Jim to get his new truck, a larger T2000 that is reserved for teams and trainers. We also asked them if I could just stay in Jim's truck, and got that ok'd. We are on the lis for the larger truck and was told anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending,,,,,,,.
So thurs nite, CFI paid for a hotel at the Holiday Inn here in Joplin. They have a shuttle that runs between CFI, the hotel, WalMart, and a couple different areas in Joplin every hour. Kinda nice. Friday morning we went back to CFI and I helped Jim move all his stuff out of OUR truck into his. We waited all day, and checked with Mx again. yup, they were going to pay again for the room for the nite. Sat morn Jim took the shuttle a little before I was ready. He told me his truck was ready, but mine wasnt. He got a run to Okla, Kan and Colo. By the time I got to CFI, had left. I am on my own now, at least till Kim gets here.
She had a rum from Ky to Colorado that was Canx. So they waited another day, and got a run assigned to Tx. I immediately asked them to try to get routed thru joplin. A couple of inquirey's was made to Kims trainer (i assume it was because I was already in Joplin) from Joplin and viola, they were ok'd to head to Joplin.
They had a pickup at midnite, and drove all nite. They rolled into Joplin about 2pm. FINALLY we are together for more than just a lunch!
We got her stuff moved into OUR truck, and checked on status again. Nope, MITE get in the shop tonite, but they ok'd another nite in the hotel. Kim and I took the shuttle here, the walked across the parking lot to an Outback resturant for nice dinner. We deserved it!
So tomorrow starts our time together. We still need to go shopping for a microwave, and tv, and some other items like a cb, etc, but we should be on the road together shortly! Kinda scarey, kinda exciting, and kinda WHEW, we made it!

1 comment:

RickLynn said...

Congratulations guys!!!
Job well done. Now the "real training" begins. My first 3 months out I learned a lot real real fast. The learning curve increases sharply for this period and then you'll get somewhat comfortable.

I've been sitting up here in New York since noon today waiting on a dispatch. With the weather, I may be here for while... LOL
So grab a load and come on up here and join me.

Looking forward to running into you guys sooner or later.

Rick and Belinda
RickLynn