Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A different day

Tuesday was a little different.
All day were keeping track of Brittany who was on her way to Air Force basic training. Swearing in at Des Moines, flying to San Antonio via Denver. Last contact with her was while she was waiting for her bags about 7:30 our time. From there I know she takes a bus to base, they feed the recruits, then line them up, call their names, and get them off to their respective Flights in the dorms. I remember it being a pretty unsettling night. I'm sure she got "rudely" awoken this morning.
Welcome to the Air Force Airman Basic Brittany Ray.
Went to school and had some classroom work on inspections. Then went out to the trucks to do a pretrip. While most of us were checking one truck, an instructor took Kim over to another for some one on one to help her with some of the names of things that required checking.
Back into class and listened to this one particular instructor "teach" us more about inspections and what to look for. We had a bit of an issue with this instructor, and was glad when the school director came in and finished the day (hmmm,,wonder how he knew?? :) ) Needless to say, we did not go back for the evening class. It suffices to say not everyone is cut out to teach, and maybe I am a little more critical or observant about it, because I have done it so much and automatically do not assume they know all. 'nuf said.
So we had a nice dinner at home, and relaxed for abit last nite. Don't know if it is starting to hit me, or just relaxed too much and felt a little let down, Brit leaving, or what but almost kinda tired, down and depressed some last nite. Maybe being a little older and realizing a little more than I used to consider has some to do with it. We talked alot last nite about everything. That is one of the strong points with Kim and I, we always talk, and we always pull together. I am really glad I have her beside me while going thru this.
We should finish most of classroom this week, and start driving next week. We are ready and anxious to get behind the wheel out on the road!

No comments: